Principles of Agriculture, Food, & Natural Resources
This one-semester course is intended as a practical, hands-on guide to help you understand the career opportunities in the agriculture, food, and natural resources (AFN) industry.
This course includes 14 lessons and 4 Course Activities. Each lesson contains one or more Lesson Activities. The lessons cover the following topics:
- The first lesson introduces agricultural science.
- The next six lessons describe various pathways in the AFN industry, such as plant science, animal science, and crop science.
- The next two lessons discuss technology, safety, and regulations in agricultural science.
- The next lesson describes international agriculture and world trade.
- The next two lessons discuss the career opportunities available in the AFN industry.
- The last two lessons discuss sustainability, environmental management, research, development, and future trends in the AFN industry.
You will submit the Course Activity documents to your teacher, and you will grade your work in the Lesson Activities by comparing them with sample responses. Each lesson also has a multiple-choice mastery test. A multiple-choice end-of-semester test completes the course.
The Course Activities (submitted to the teacher) and the Lesson Activities (self-checked) are major components of this course. They will guide your learning as you work through this course.