Revolutionary Ideas in Science
This one-semester course is a guide to help you understand the history of science from prehistoric to modern times. You will learn about inventions and discoveries in various fields of science, such as physics, chemistry, biology, genetics, computer science, Earth sciences, and astronomy.
This course includes 15 lessons and five Course Activities. Each lesson contains one or more Lesson Activities. The lessons cover the following topics:
- The first two lessons discuss the science that prevailed in prehistoric and ancient periods.
- The next two lessons discuss the scientific revolution and the contributions of Sir Isaac Newton to the field of science.
- The next two lessons describe the discoveries and inventions in various branches of physics, such as thermodynamics, electricity, electromagnetism, and quantum mechanics.
- The next lesson describes various discoveries and inventions related to the cosmos.
- The next two lessons discuss the history of chemical sciences and discoveries related to atoms and molecules.
- The next two lessons describe Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution and the discoveries related to genetics and biotechnology.
- The next two lessons describe the discoveries and inventions related to human anatomy and medicine.
- The next lesson describes discoveries related to Earth sciences.
- The final lesson describes various inventions in the field of computer science.